Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finally Four!


We celebrated Tane's birthday earlier this week. He has waited so long to be 4 years old (to me he has acted 4 years old for nigh on a year already, and I feel like he should have turned 5). I just loved the pure excitement of every little part of his birthday celebration.

Grandma Henke made a hooded bear towel for him. He absolutely lights up when he wears it. One of our birthday traditions is to wake the person with the "Happy Birthday" song and gifts first thing in the morning. It was fun for us to have grandparents here to share that with Tane this year.

Yeah for "boy toys". We haven't had a whole lot of those around. Thankfully, Miriam and Tane love to play together-- whether it's dolls, or house, or ferocious jungle animals. On a side note...this morning Tane started crying when he found out Miriam was going to a friend's house after school. He said he would miss her too much. That touched sweet little's Mimi's heart and she started crying, and made sure to give him a kissing hand before she left, promising they would play as soon as she got home.

Tane chose to party with his family at Jumpin Jacks. Lots of giggles and lots of excercise!

Tane and Tait cruisin' in a plastic car. Cheese!

3 comments:

The Boone Family said...

cute kids, Lisa! They are all getting so big! Sounds like Tane had a great birthday!

Jolyn said...

Very cute. I'm amazed that you had all three dancing together and that you had a video camera standing by to capture it. I would never have that luck!

Dave and Holly said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your kids, they are growing up so quickly. I loved hearing about how much Tane and Miriam love each other. I hope my boys will be the same way.