Tuesday, September 15, 2009

May

We had several significant events/changes happen in our family at the end of Spring. The first being that I said goodbye to my wonderful piano students. It has been a love/stress relationship teaching piano for the past two years. But overall, the experience was very rewarding. I had seven wonderful students, who for the most part I am able to maintain friendly contact with at church or in the neighborhood. This picture comes from our final Spring recital--I don't think I could have felt more proud of each of them if they were my own kids. It was the right decision though, and I am enjoying having more time and flexibility with my 3 1/2 kids now.

Number 4 baby has required more thought and change in our family than I could have imagined. One of the significant changes necessary was to upgrade to bigger vehicle. We had planned on waiting until the fall, but we found a good deal on the model we really wanted, and we have sure enjoyed the comforts of our 2005 Honda Pilot all summer. This was actually the first vehicle we have purchased since we were married. Our kids still ask us if we're going to take the "new" car when we go places.

And last, but certainly not least. Our current youngest turned a whopping 2 years old at the end of May!! Tait has been an the funnest angel of a child since the first day he joined our family. His name means "cheerful", and there isn't a word that fits his personality better. Along with turning two, he has found his voice and his independence. He may have started talking a little later than our other two children, but he has his own style with everything--and it usually means making us laugh! One of the first phrases he started using around that time was "my-Tait-self"--obviously meaning he wanted to do it himself. He uses "my" to describe most of his feelings and activities and desires. Such as: "my hungry, mama", or "my heavy" when he's helping me carry something up the stairs, or "my happy!" when I ask how the kids are feeling that morning. He is the least mellow of our children, and he keeps me on my toes. But he also keeps a smile on my face, and I'm so glad he's part of our family.

We celebrated his second birthday with a trip to Hogle Zoo with Nana and Grandpa Elmo. It was an experience we all enjoyed--especially watching Tait's enthusiasm for animal life and adventure.

No comments: