I have yet to find an organized system to store and use all of those wonderful little thoughts or quotes I run across in life. If it's something I am trying to make a part of my character, I will jot it on a sticky note and post it on the fridge or bathroom mirror. The trouble is I can never seem to throw them away, even after they've outlived their use. I ran across this one today in an unlikely stack of papers I was sorting, and I decided to give it a home on my blog so that I can throw the note away in good conscience.
This thought is a wonderful little eye opener to me when I find myself explaining a certain concept of kindness to my children for the hundred and ninety sixth time:
"The Teacher has not taught until the Learner has learned."
(Disclaimer: I have since repented of not always giving credit where credit is due. Alas, I am sad to say this is one of my very old sticky notes whereupon I included no reference.)
2 comments:
Hey Lisa, I'm the same way. I can't bear to throw a thought away and they pile up, I do have them in a folder and go through them occasionally. I want to have access to them some how because life has a way of presenting things one time and then you grow and change and the next time you read it you learn something different with it. So if you come across a systym(sp) let me know.
I loved all the pictures. It was fun to see how your family has grown and MY, Tait has gotten so big!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment