Thursday, January 8, 2009
Roommates & Journals
I spent a wonderful 3 or 4 hours with five out of seven Snow College roommates last Saturday. I must confess that I felt a little nervous and very strange driving up to Sandy that day. I guess it had something to do with trying to fit the "current" me into an "old" situation. Whatever the reason...I was surprised and pleased to find the relationships unchanged--almost as if no time had passed at all (albeit 10 years ago I left Ephraim, UT). I came home feeling very blessed to have spent part of my very formative years with seven such amazing women. I spent the next few days reading over my journals from those years (experiencing the broad spectrum of emotions that comes from reviewing one's past) and realizing that I have left a huge gap in my life's history; beginning almost with getting married. The sad part is, there have been recent times in my life when I know I would have benefited from the lessons learned and reminders of special memories during that period of my life. So here is my commitment to renew my personal journal keeping, as well as keeping this record to preserve family memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You did a great job for a beginning. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom
So fun to read your blog. You are an inspiration and great example to me. I wish we still lived close. I'm glad we still keep in touch.
Holly
Agreed. Your reasoning almost has me convinced to start a blog too! That'll be the day... :-)
Post a Comment