Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some favorite memories of 2008

Christmas
Checking out what Santa brought. (The kids are already asking us when Christmas will be here again).

Watching Daddy's train was a nightly bedtime ritual at our house for the whole month of December.

Did I say watching? What would a train be without tunnels?

Priceless playtime with daddy
Playing "helicopter . So far we've had no catastrophic landings...just a lot of laughter.

Halloween
Tane is our second year #6 player for BYU. Miriam was Queen Isabella (for history themed dress up at school) and Sleeping Beauty (for trick-or-treating) --same costume. And Tait is our "Big Green Monster" from a favorite storybook.

Our annual excursion to CornBelly's at Thanksgiving Point.

I love to watch my kids at their creative play
Dancing at the Ball.One of their favorite games is "naptime"--how lucky am I to have such mello children?
This is Tane's "firetruck". I haven't quite figured out how that works yet.
Professor Tait.
Doctor Tane.
Did I mention I love having mello kiddos?

We love learning
Tane and I are in our second year of preschool together at home. He is a very detail-oriented & meticulous 3 year old. Preschool is our special one on one time 3 times a week.

Miriam started Kindergarten this year. We opted for the morning schedule at a wonderful Charter school. She loves it enough that it makes the half hour chauffeur job worth it to me.


Special One on One dates
Blair and Tane coloring "Cars" posters.
Mimi and I on a girl's night out at the salon.

Summer Activities
Our first real attempt at camping on our own as a family. We had fun...except for the rain, the heat, the cold, and the bugs (including 3 ticks we brought home with us).
FHE picnic up the canyon. I love this picture!
Henke reunion at Lake Powell. Wish we had a picture of the waterfall that poured right on top of the houseboat all night long.
Miriam as our little ballerina.
What's up, Tane? "Just Chillin'".
Taking Uncle Matt to the MTC.
Working in the Yard is fast becoming a favorite pastime for me...and Tane. He will often leave his play with Miriam to come and ask if he can pull weeds or transplant with me.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lis, this post by itself made your blog worth it. :) I hope you enjoy blogging, i've enjoyed reading yours.

Lynae said...

I totally agree. You captured some great moments in picture (as well as in your heart I'm sure). Cute stuff! It's fun to have you join the blogging "world"!

April Weeks said...

Thanks for caving in to blogging. I love watching all of you be wives, mothers and friends. What sweet children you have.